Mild Chicken Tacos
These tacos are a bit different. They're colorful and easy. Let the diners assemble their own tacos.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6 to 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can mild salsa, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6–8 crisp corn taco shells
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
Preheat oven to 400°F. In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 6 minutes.
Add shredded chicken, green chilies, black beans, and ½ of the salsa; simmer.
In medium bowl beat together remaining salsa with cream cheese and cilantro; set aside. Toss avocados with lemon juice.
Place taco shells on baking sheet and bake for 5 to 6 minutes until crisp.
To assemble, first spread cream cheese mixture inside taco shells. Add chicken mixture, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, and tomatoes; serve immediately.