These tostadas are rich and delicious — and messy! Enjoy with a knife and fork.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 6 flour tortillas
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- ¼ cup grated Cotija cheese
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño; cook and stir for 4 minutes.
Add bell pepper; cook for 3 minutes. Then add chicken; cook and stir until hot. Set aside.
Heat refried beans in small pan. Then heat vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add tortillas to oil one at a time, turning once, and fry until crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
In a bowl, combine sour cream, salsa, and cilantro.
Assemble tostadas by placing a crisp tortilla on plate. Top with refried beans, some of the chicken mixture, cheeses, avocado, sour cream mixture, salsa, and cilantro. Serve immediately.