Chicken Fruit Quiche
You can use your own pie crust or one of those refrigerated rolled crusts to make this recipe even easier.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- ⅓ cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 (9″) unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F. In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add apple; cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes until tender. Remove from heat.
Add chicken and cherries; place in bottom of pie crust. Top with Havarti and Cheddar cheeses; set aside.
In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, flour, thyme, mustard, salt, and pepper; beat until smooth. Slowly pour into pie crust. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 28 to 34 minutes or until quiche is set, puffed, and golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.