Red and Green Pasta
This dish gets its distinctive colors from peppers and pesto sauce. You will probably need to stir the bottled pesto to blend the oil back in with the sauce; it tends to separate while standing.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4 TO 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12-ounce) package small shell pasta
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (3-ounce) bottle basil pesto
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for 6 minutes.
Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain and add to pan with onion and garlic; stir in red peppers and Alfredo sauce.
Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes until sauce is blended.
Stir in grape tomatoes, then drizzle with pesto and serve immediately.