Chocolate Ice Cream Candy Cake
Ice cream is melted into the batter to add smoothness and a rich flavor to this simple cake. A swirled frosting is the perfect finish.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 12
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter cup candies
- 1 (16-ounce) can milk chocolate frosting
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9″ × 13″ pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour and set aside.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in microwave. Add ice cream; stir until blended.
Beat in eggs, then add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and crumbs; mix until smooth.
Fold in chopped candies and pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cake starts to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Drop milk chocolate frosting on cake with teaspoon. In small bowl, combine vanilla frosting and peanut butter; drop on cake.
Using knife, swirl frostings together. Store covered.