Italian Wedding Soup
A bit of beef broth in this soup is untraditional but adds a nice richness.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 8 TO 10
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen precooked meatballs
- ⅓ cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
In large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
Add both types of broth, meatballs, and rice; bring to a simmer. Simmer for 18 to 23 minutes or until rice is tender and meatballs are hot.
Add spinach, lemon juice, and zest; simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until spinach wilts. Serve with cheese and parsley.