Toasted Salsa Cheese Sandwiches
You must drain the salsa because it contains a lot of liquid. The heat and spices, however, remain!
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4 TO 6
- 1 cup salsa, drained
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
In bowl, combine salsa, pepper jack cheese, Cheddar cheese, and softened cream cheese.
Divide mixture among four slices of bread and top with remaining slices of bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with softened butter.
Grill sandwiches in dual-contact grill or on a griddle, turning once and covering during cooking, until cheese melts and bread is crisp.
Cut sandwiches in half and serve.