Thai Tuna Pizza
This wholly untraditional pizza subs peanut sauce and soy sauce for tomato sauce but incorporates familiar pizza flavors such as peppers and Romano cheese. Thai peanut sauce can be found in the international foods aisle of your supermarket.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) jar Thai peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (12″) prebaked pizza crust
- 1 (6-ounce) can light tuna, drained
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped salted peanuts
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add bell pepper; cook and stir 3 minutes longer.
Add peanut sauce, soy sauce, and cilantro; remove from heat and mix well. Spread over pizza crust.
Top with tuna, carrots, and cheeses. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.