Deviled Ham Peach Sandwiches
Ham and peaches are natural partners. You can make this spread ahead of time and refrigerate it until you're ready to eat.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can deviled ham
- ⅓ cup peach preserves
- 8 slices French bread, cut on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
In small bowl, beat cream cheese until soft; add lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard, and pepper and mix well.
Add cheese and deviled ham and mix, then fold in peach preserves. Make sandwiches with bread.
Spread butter on outsides of sandwiches; grill on heated skillet, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Deviled ham is just ground ham mixed with spices and usually sour cream or mayonnaise. It can be mild or spicy. You can make your own by mixing 1 cup ground ham with ⅓ cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, ½ teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, ¼ cup minced green onions, and ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper.