Mixed Bean Salsa
This colorful salsa is also called “Texas caviar” because it uses Tex-Mex ingredients like pinto beans. It's a delicious and easy appetizer.
INGREDIENTS | YIELDS 5 CUPS
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen soybeans, thawed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours to blend flavors.
Serve with potato chips, tortilla chips, toasted French bread, and crudités.
Canned beans are so good for you; they're one of the best convenience foods on the market. Read labels carefully to make sure the cans you buy are relatively low in sodium, since that's the bean's only drawback. Rinse and drain them well before using.