Spaghetti Sauce Mix
Make your own spaghetti sauce with this delicious combination of spices and herbs.
INGREDIENTS | MAKES 8 BATCHES SAUCE
- ½ cup instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup powdered Parmesan cheese
Combine all ingredients in small bowl and blend well. Place in container with tightly sealed lid; store in cool dark place and use within 3 months.
To use, combine ⅓ cup of the mix with 15 ounces tomato sauce, a 6-ounce can tomato paste, and 2 cups tomato juice; simmer 20 to 30 minutes until thickened.